"Saudi Arabia has admitted its defeat in Yemen and it is now looking for a decent way out of Yemen," a military observer, speaking on condition of anonymity, told FNA on Wednesday, adding that Riyadh's defeat in its Yemen invasion has already been declared by foreign military assessors to top authorities in the Saudi capital.
The observer said that after Saudi Arabia's failure in supporting fugitive Yemeni president Mansour Hadi, Riyadh has resorted to sending other mercenaries to help materialize its imaginations about victory in Yemen, but it has failed again.
Earlier today, an Egyptian politician underlined that a majority of the Arab states have joined the Saudi-led aggression against Yemen for their fear of the US and Saudi Arabia.
"The ongoing war in Yemen is now in the interest of the US, and some Arab countries have joined the war because they are afraid of the US and Saudi Arabia, while Oman, Iraq and Algeria have very resolutely refrained from joining the war that has no specific goal and outcome," Former Egyptian Lawmaker Ahmed Abdel Al told FNA.
And the member-states of the Persian Gulf Cooperation Council have joined the Saudi-led aggression against Yemen for the sake of their economic interests, he added.
Saudi Arabia has been striking Yemen for 13 days now to restore power to fugitive president Mansour Hadi, a close ally of Riyadh. The Saudi-led aggression has so far killed at least 906 Yemenis, including hundreds of women and children.
Hadi stepped down in January and refused to reconsider the decision despite calls by Ansarullah revolutionaries of the Houthi movement.
Despite Riyadh's claims that it is bombing the positions of the Ansarullah fighters, Saudi warplanes are flattening residential areas and civilian infrastructures.
Five Persian Gulf States -- Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates (UAE), Bahrain, Qatar and Kuwait -- and Egypt that are also assisted by Israel and backed by the US declared war on Yemen in a joint statement issued on March 26.
US President Barack Obama authorized the provision of logistical and intelligence support to the military operations, National Security Council Spokesperson Bernadette Meehan said late on March 25.
She added that while US forces were not taking direct military action in Yemen, Washington was establishing a Joint Planning Cell with Saudi Arabia to coordinate US military and intelligence support.
/275, 149